Sunday, February 3, 2013

Excited for MULT 4702!

Hi Guys!

Sorry for the delay in posting my blog, but before I get started talking about the BORING DEFAULT OPTION about why I'm taking this class, allow me to tell you a little about myself. 

I'm 23 years old and live in Kahuku on the North Shore with my mom and three dogs. I've been in Hawaii for about four and a half years now and I'm finally graduating in May! I'm definitely really excited about that. When I'm not doing schoolwork, I love just going to the beach and hanging out (original, I know). But I also love to surf, read, bake, draw, paint, and most of all, eat. I think that so much of my day is keeping myself distracted until it's time to eat again. I'm pretty positive I could eat tacos and cookies every day and never get sick of them.  

But enough about me. I'm taking MULT 4702 because while it is required for my major, I think it will be one of the most important classes I will ever take at HPU. In this day and age, mobile is everywhere. You can look up anything within seconds with just a few swipes and taps of your fingers. Anywhere you look everything is adapting to mobile design. News, TV, movies, games, music, radio, and more is becoming mobile friendly for people who are using iPhones, Droids, iPads, etc. Mobile is today, tomorrow, and it's not going away any time soon. 


I'm really excited to learn more about mobile design so I too, can be part of this evolving and growing aspect of society. Good luck to everyone in the class! Can't wait to start learning! 



3 comments:

  1. Great blog post Jade - adding images makes all the difference - reminds me how much I miss good tacos ...

    One thing I would recommend if you get a chance is changing the title and URL of your blog. By having MULT4702 in the title and URL you pin this blog to the class, which makes sense now, but I'm hoping that this can be your professional blog that becomes part of your broader portfolio. You should be able to edit both name and URL through the blogger settings ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I now see you have several blogs, hmm ... maybe that changes things? I always hope my students class blogs can be a springboard to professional blogs ... but if you already have one. For those focused on software I think mixing in class posts with general tech posts is a good strategy, but everyone has to manage their own professional profile as they see fit ...

      Delete
  2. Hi Professor-

    I have changed my blog name from (not so exciting) MULT 4702 to (a little more exciting) Blogging for All the Right Reasons. I hope this works better for the class and for future blogs as well! Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete